Monday, December 24, 2001

Circular No 6




Newsletter for Alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I. Caracas, 24 of December 2001. Circular No. 6
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear friends,

I am including this new circular earlier than usual, to celebrate Xmas, I know all of you are busy playing Santa, with or without red robe and white hair and beard, pouch or not. The white hair, beard and all if not in evidence, shall be with us in a few more years ??

We are not lucky to celebrate the holidays with snow and all the cold, but here in Caracas I bought a real West Virginian pine tree, the smell is here! This is a question that is up in the air as I suppose that those that have to deal with installing chain on the tires, shovelling snow in the morning, keeping the grand children dressed up for the cold, etc. would prefer the tropics while we would like to see some snow and the accompanying cold for at least a few days, just for the taste. I presume that is why those in the cold and have the means, migrate to Florida and we tend to go North.

I have been getting response to these circulars, I am still preoccupied as there are a few of you that have not given me the OK to continue to send these, I hate to be filed away in the Block e-mail list.

A few line to Richard Galt, "I have talked to your brother Randal by cell phone and he has asked me to relay his best wishes for the season".

From Christopher Webster with whom I talked by land line, "He wishes all of you a Merry Xmas", maybe he gets a computer in 2002.

Michael King has passed away and is with the Lord, information from Michael Herrera who was in Barbados and got the news.

No luck with Egan Baichoo and Louis Lacour.

All of us hopefully would make it to the 31th, if the children and grand children help us, after the big day!! The step from the 31th to the year 2002, I am sure is going to be easy and smooth as silk. Of course if we do not try to eat (or swallow) a grape per bell stroke at midnight as some traditions demand.

If I continue with my brainstorming, Wayne would find his job in peril in Jamaica, of course I would fail because of my rough treatment of the English language (British, American or Spanglish, you choose).

To show my willingness to open a dialog or multilog, I am going to let all of you a chance to write from this line on.

God bless

Ladislao
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photos: msb.monastery1lk
Article: next time
Column: next time
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: